I’m currently watching Time Bandits (1981) and Sean Connery has just appeared on screen as King Agamemnon. Yum.
- Person: Are you in college?
- Me: No. I graduated.
- Person: What did you study?
- Me: English.
- Person: Oh. So you wanted to be a teacher?
- Me: *internally sighing and rolling my eyes at Person because this is the umpteenth time someone has asked me this* No. I've been teaching kids since I was 11 years old. I hate it.
- Person: Then why study English?
- Me: *with overflowing sincere enthusiasm* Because I love reading and writing. I love the history of the language, it's evolution. I love it's structure and how it's used. I can't get enough of it. I just love English and that's why I majored in it.
- Person: *baffled by the intensity of my love for English and still doesn't understand why I got a degree in English* Oh ... Okay.
- Person who knows me: Do you have a pen?
- Me: When do I NOT have a pen?
- Cousin: We need a flashdrive.
- Me: I've got one in my purse.
- Cousin: Why do you have a flashdrive in your purse?
- Me: Because I used to be a college student.
There’s a sound I hear in the dark
It’s a secret that’s sung by the vanishing stars
The lonesome bird losing it’s song to tears, whispers,
“I was born to be remembered.”
As the voices rise and reach out
Comes a ray of the sun through the blanket of clouds
The crying sky unlocks the secret kept
She calls the truth I’ve found always stay here in my heart
Everything needs love” —
“Everything Needs Love”
Composed and written by Shinichi Osawa (a.k.a. Mondo Grosso)
Performed by Shinichi Osawa & Kwon Boa (a.k.a. BoA)
For every single one of them ^_^
- Me: Go call dad to dinner.
- Bro: *leaves and comes back* He's not coming.
- Me: Why?
- Bro: Because he's sleeping. Do you want me to wake him up?
- Mom: I'll ask him. *leaves*
- Me: *calls after her* You're going to wake him up and ask him if he wants to wake up?